Pineapple is a delicious fruit grown in South America. It grows only in tropical countries with a humid climate, from where it is delivered to pineapple lovers around the world. There is a chance to grow pineapple in covered greenhouses. It should be eaten in moderate quantity otherwise the consequences for the digestive system will be very significant.
Interesting facts about pineapples
- The first mention of pineapple is found in literature in the middle of the XVI century – it is described in the “Parte Primera de la Crónica del Perú”.
- Unripe pineapples are not suitable for food – their juice burns lips and has a potent laxative effect.
- Pineapple meat is almost entirely (86%) consists of water. At the same time, the fruit is rich in potassium, vitamins B and A, ascorbic acid, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, iodine and manganese.
- Pineapples contain enzymes that foster the breakdown and absorption of proteins by the human body. However, you should not abuse the pineapple diet – it can cause damage to the oral mucosa.
- Pineapple in moderate quantities is good for health – it improves digestion and thins the blood. At the same time, these fragrant fruits are contraindicated for people with digestive diseases.
- A glass of pineapple juice can relieve motion sickness when traveling by air or water.
- One of the participants of the Magellan expedition in the middle of the XVI century called pineapple “the most delicious fruit on Earth”.
- Pineapple is used as a raw material for fabrics manufacture due to the strong fibers that make up its leaves.
- Pineapple perfectly fit into any diet for weight loss – 100 grams of the fruit contains only 48 kilocalories. Due to the significant amount of potassium salts, this tropical fruit helps remove excess fluid from the body, which also contributes to weight loss. Pineapple dishes contribute to the digestion of fat and improve metabolism.
- Pineapples are used to make masks suitable for people with oily skin.
- The homeland of edible varieties of pineapple is the central region of Brazil, from where this fruit has been distributed throughout the world.
- Pineapples are still harvested by hand – extremely prickly and capricious plants do not tolerate other methods that technological progress offers.
- You can try to grow pineapple even at home – for this, it is enough to plant the leaves cut from the fruit in the ground.
- Pineapple image is used on the coats of arms of Jamaica, as well as Antigua and Barbuda.
- Pineapple takes 3 years to fully ripen so these fruits are quite expensive.
- In fact, pineapple – is not one, but many small fruits, interconnected.
- After the pineapple has been harvested, its ripening stops, so you need to buy only ripen fruit from the store. At the same time, ripe pineapples can be both green and yellow, and even pink – depending on the variety and country of origin.
- Ripe pineapple very quickly deteriorates – it is necessary to be eaten in a maximum for 2 days or store in the refrigerator.
- In Asia, a special device for extracting pineapple pulp was invented.
- Not only candies, fruit salads and jams are made from pineapples, but also pineapple wine.
- In the past, pineapples were considered a dangerous fruit for pregnant women, but later scientists proved that a woman should eat at least 10 fruits at once so that they could cause a miscarriage.
Pineapple fruits are very nutritious and beneficial. Their pulp contains 85% of water and about 15% of monosaccharides. Pineapple also has organic acids and various vitamins. The whole complex of bioactive substances that make up pineapple gives it healing properties. Pineapple helps to stimulate digestion, increases appetite and has a positive effect on the intestines by cleansing it.
Pineapple fruits are also very rich in minerals, especially copper, iron, potassium, zinc, calcium, magnesium, iodine and manganese. Pineapple has such properties as:
- prevent the development of atherosclerosis;
- improve erectile function;
- lower blood pressure;
- reduce blood viscosity.
In addition, it contains a special active substance that easily decomposes protein. Thanks to this enzyme, the assimilation of the proteins by the human body are conducted much easier.
Pineapples help to maintain a good physical form in men, the beneficent influence on the maintenance of male potency.
Erectile dysfunction is sometimes taken due to overweight. This fruit helps to get rid of excess weight.
Bromelain hydrolyzes proteins that are ingested with food. Accordingly, if you eat a tropical fruit after a heavy dinner – it will help to digest heavy food and decrease harm to the body.
This enzyme binds excess cholesterol. Its effect on the gastrointestinal tract is to stimulate the digestive glands. This will be useful to those men who suffer from indigestion. Its symptoms are stomach heaviness, nausea, belching, flatulence).
The most common cause of this is hyperacid gastritis. Several slices will increase the secretion of hydrochloric acid and pepsin taken for dessert.
In addition to the fermenting effect, bromelain is a strong anti-inflammatory agent. It blocks the conversion of arachidonic acid to prostaglandins – substances that cause the clinical picture of inflammation of the prostate (and not only), enhances the effect of antibiotics. Pineapple for potency is useful due to the presence of this substance.
But the pineapple is certainly not a medical substance, and it can help not in all cases, then you should try to take Viagra Jelly, it also has the taste of pineapple.
Pineapples are recommended to be used for various digestive disorders. You can drink a little pineapple juice or eat a few slices to increase the activity of enzymes when eating. Pineapple juice is also useful for overeating or for nausea caused by flight or sea travel.
In addition, pineapple fruits are low-calorie, 100 g of pineapple contains only 50 kilocalories. Due to the high potassium content, this fruit promotes the elimination of excess fluid from the body, helping to lose extra kilos. Also, pineapple speeds up the metabolism and enhances fat burning.
The fruits of this plant are actively used in cosmetology. Pineapples help with calluses. You need to attach a piece of the fetus to the affected skin at night to get rid of corns. After that, the skin needs to be steamed and then the corn may be removed.
Pineapples will also help in the fight against oily skin. Just need to wipe the skin with a small slice of this healthy fruit. But do not abuse pineapples as they can cause and harm. Pineapples contain a lot of vitamin C, more than, for example, in garlic. Therefore, often eating pineapple fruit can harm the oral cavity and the stomach.